Tagtool 1.1.0 Public Beta

Hello,

We have a free preview of the upcoming new version of Tagtool!

WHAT’S NEW?

• Improved multiplayer functionality - faster transfer of large amounts of content, more reliability even with lower quality network connections.

• New canvas system - specify the exact format and resolution of your canvas, or have it set automatically, under Main Menu > Graphics Settings > Canvas Format.

• Decks accessible in Files app - in the iOS Files app, navigate to On My iPad > Tagtool Beta > decks to see all your deck folders. Copy them to a file synching service like iCloud Drive, Dropbox or Google Drive to transfer them to your computer for backup or to share them with other Tagtoolers.

• Other improvements - German language option, re-ordering of deck items by dragging them, simplified menu structure, …

• Lots of bug fixes - it’s the most stable version of Tagtool ever!

IMPORTANT NOTE
If you have valuable deck content, please make sure to back your iPad before you install the beta version. We have extensively tested the upgrade, and additionally your content will be automatically backed up in its original format during the upgrade. However, install the beta version at your own risk. If you experience any trouble with your deck content after upgrade, please contact us at support@omai.at!

GET THE BETA
You can get the public beta version via TestFlight. Simply click this link on your iPad and follow instructions! You won’t be charged for upgrading to Pro in the Beta version.
Please let us know how the beta is working for you!

Happy Tagtooling from the entire OMAi crew!

3 Likes

All good so far!

1 Like

Omg just downloaded, going to try it now…if all goes well, and i see great stability ill use it tomorrow on the show im going to do in Sofia…cause previous version crashed in middle of a show for a few times!

1 Like

First impression: feels stable and way more snappy! Great job, guys!

2 Likes

Yeah! Tested the beta over a 4 hour Di set - and no problems at all with projector connections or crashing. All great and running super smooth. iPad running out of power is my only problem, even with a charger cable attached…but once Tagtool is on a pc/Mac with Syphon/Mac then the sky will be the limit - unlimited set length!

1 Like

Wonderful! Painting with more than one finger works great now.
If I set maximum canvas size without a projector connected, the screenshots are empty.
And group and then ungroup is sometimes changing the order of the layers.

Thanx for this great app!!

1 Like

Hello! I am new here and I love tagtool - I am having so much fun. Thanks! - I am also testing the beta public version and it worked all well before I wanted to connect it to the Tagtool Player on my Mac. I also tried entering the IP adress but not working. It says “Server has another software version” - What does it mean? - My iMac is High Sierra and my iPad Pro is updated. Thanks!

Hello @AllzLnz

Sorry, the Tagtool Player for Windows and Mac is not compatible with the latest beta version of Tagtool yet. We’ll update the Player soon!

After some more testing…
With my expressive painting style I still get the system to collapse within 15 min. Does it get better if I connect to another ipad als server?

1 Like

Hi @Sascha

I know, you’re a bit of a painting monster… I mean this in the best possible way. We are working on improving performance to suit your type of style. In the meantime, the only things you can do is delete things periodically, or get the very latest iPad Pro (maybe wait for the next generation that’s coming out very soon). Another iPad as a server might help a little bit because your “painting” iPad won’t have to output the visuals to the external display. Even better to use a powerful PC or Mac as a server - we’ll have the server (“Player”) version ready later this year.

1 Like

Hi Maki, i already have the ipad pro and i also tested a cable-network set up with my pc on the alpha version, but it gives me just a little more time. So I delete content after every song.
Btw. I have a strange error sometimes, the layer jumps back in time for no reason, but the content sometimes suddenly appears again after a second or two.
Thanx for your work on tagtool. I love it. :slight_smile:

I had this mistake a few times:
My tagtool beta doesnˋt forget the size of the projektor i connect. Means, for example yesterday I used 16:9 and now with no projektor connected and the iPad restarted, the screenshots are still comming in 16:9 even if the tagtool standard size when opening is 4:3. it is pressing the picture of the screenshot to the remembered size, so a circle is a flat egg now.

So…how do you back deck content before installing the beta version?

@Sascha - Thanks for reporting this bug! Will fix asap. We don’t want flat eggs!

@MiHyun - With the current app store version there’s no way of backing up the deck content by itself. The only way is to back up the entire iPad using iCloud or iTunes. After you installed any of the recent beta versions, you can access the deck content using the Files app on the iPad (“On my iPad > Tagtool Beta > Decks”). You can back up by copying the decks folder to iCloud Drive, Dropbox or Google Drive.

Hello, just another question regarding deck content - once I install the beta version my old content will be accessible via the Files app? Or is the only way to access the old content again is to install a complete backup of my entire iPad?

Has anyone lost content by testing the beta?

Thank you!

Yes, I lost all the content in my decks by testing the beta. I went back to the normal app and have not gone back to the beta because I needed to finish a project and needed it to be stable.

@Karen

Can you tell us a bit more details about your loss? Did it not show up entirely in your deck folders? Or did you get only empty folders?

When you write “get back” you reinstall your ipad backup or just delete the app and re-download?

happy new year,
mat

Hey,

Overall the latest Beta update is working super well for us for our shows in China, and the stability of the Beta Mac Player is impressive too. However one issue we’re having is Tagtool sometimes crashes when we load saved animations. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks.

@Guiguisuisui

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated!
How does it crash? Does your content turn blue when you try to load it into the scene?

mat

Hey! When we drag into the work area there is usually a yellow box around the content and then it just freezes. Sometimes it freezes for a moment and then kicks in, but other times it just does nothing and we have to restart the app.